State Statutes and the Village of Arena Ordinances requires all dogs five (5) months of age or older, to be vaccinated for rabies and licensed. Licenses are valid as of January 1st and expire on December 31st of each year and are to be purchased on an annual basis.
You are required by the State to present or send, a copy of the rabies vaccination certificate when applying for a license. The rabies vaccination certificate from your veterinarian must state the manufacturer name, serial number of the rabies vaccine, and the expiration date of the rabies vaccination.
Note: Staff will try to contact your Veterinarian for the rabies vaccination certificate; however, we are not always successful, so please ensure that you have the proper documentation prior to submitting your application.Dog Licenses Fees:
- $7.00 for spayed or neutered dogs
- $15.00 for intact dogs
- $3.50 for a spayed or neutered puppy under 5 months (Puppies are dogs who become 5 months of age after July 1 of the license year)
- $7.50 for an intact puppy under 5 months (Puppies are dogs who become 5 months of age after July 1 of the license year)
**The Clerk’s Office charges late fees for dog licenses after March 31st.
Per State Statutes, 174.05(5), a $5.00 late fee will be assessed to each dog that has not been licensed prior to April 1st each year. Dogs that are too young to be vaccinated by April 1st are exempt from this late fee.
Licensing And Payment Options
1. In-Person: Obtain your dog license in person at the Arena Village Hall during normal operation hours of 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. You will need the following items to obtain your dog license:
- Current Rabies Vaccination Certificate (not an invoice/receipt)
Estimated turn around time: Immediate
2. Via Mail: For your convenience, you may obtain your license via mail. You will need to mail the following items to the Village of Arena to obtain your dog license:
- Current Rabies Vaccination Certificate (not an invoice/ receipt)
- Check payable to the Village of Arena for the correct amount
Estimated turnaround time: 3 to 5 business days
Your documentation and dog licenses tag will be mailed back to you.
When should you get a license?
New to the Village/New Dog
- Within 30 days of obtaining your dog
- Within 30 days of moving into the village
- When the dog turns 5 months old and has received rabies vaccination
By December 31 of each year
A late fee of $5 is assessed for dog license renewals not purchased prior to April 1st.